2019 Yamaha 225 HP VF225LA V MAX SHO Outboard Motor Power & Performance
PRODUCT CODE: VF225LA V MAX SHO
AVAILABILITY: IN STOCK
2019 Yamaha 225 HP VF225LA V MAX SHO Outboard Motor
Power & Performance
- COMPACT & POWERFUL POWERHEAD: Plasma-fused sleeveless cylinders are lighter and 60 percent harder than steel. They also allow us to enlarge cylinder bores without increasing their dimensions – which creates 4.2 liters of big-bore displacement, without adding weight.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: With a re-engineered cowling, engine bracket and lower engine pan, 20-inch-shaft models are a full 34 pounds lighter than their predecessor, the two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
- SMART DESIGN: Yamaha’s exclusive In-Bank Exhaust System exits downward through the center of the “V” rather than on the exterior side. This increases combustion efficiency, creating more power and torque, and also results in a more compact shape.
- OVERALL PERFORMANCE: This superior design–with individual intake and exhaust camshafts, larger valves than previous designs and four valves per cylinder–delivers more precise valve timing and more efficient exchange of intake and exhaust gases, for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
- RESPONSIVE THROTTLE: Midrange punch and instant throttle response created by Variable Camshaft Timing has to be felt to be believed.
- OUTSTANDING FUEL ECONOMY: Micro-textured cylinder walls increase breathing efficiency while Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection ensures the precise amount of air and fuel necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. Together, they make the 4.2 liter big-bore V MAX SHO® four stroke up to 12% better fuel efficient than our two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
Reliability & Durability
- CLEANER FUEL: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor works in conjunction with Yamaha’s 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter to separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phase Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- LESS MOVING PARTS: A single timing belt uses fewer moving parts for long term reliability. Automatic belt tensioners keep proper belt tension, avoiding adjustments for added convenience.
- PROTECTION AND POWER: V MAX SHO® outboards have an exhaust pressure reduction system, which not only helps keep the propeller hub cooled from hot exhaust gases, but also helps provide power by transitioning those gases out of the engine during the critical hole shot and acceleration phases.
- SMOOTH AND QUIET: A labyrinth exhaust routes gases through a maze before they exit above the water line through an idle exhaust relief outlet. This, combined with a muffler-less design, results in unbelievably smooth and quiet operation, with a pleasing sound of power at idle.
|Power Trim & Tilt||Power Trim & Tilt|
|Gear Shift||Forward – Neutral – Reverse|
|Alternator Output||50 Amp|
|Working Hours||1,500-3,000 Hours|